Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Fantasy Photos: 2017 Sea Isle Skimmer Festival



Last weekend, I was registered as a vendor for Sea Isle City's Skimmer Festival. I was promoting my new business, Fantasy Photos.

I'm taking commissions for customized digital portraits, which make great, unique gifts.

For live events or parties, guests can get their photo taken at the "Fantasy Photo Booth" and replace the background with a scene of their choice.

There's more info and examples on the website (along with social media links):

https://www.fantasyphotos.net/


There were thousands of people at the Skimmer Festival, and my spot was right next to a beach entrance. I feel my booth gets a very good response from most people. I'm hoping it's an effective way to reach a large number of people.

I've done a few of these events now, & I feel like each one is a chance to improve and learn in some way.

Recently, my Dad & I took an afternoon to put together a simple 4.5ft shelf, to display a second row of framed pictures on my table.


I've got a tent, a banner, and most of the materials I need for a 10'x10' space at a show.

My next objective is to make a folding plywood booth, to enclose the green screen for the "Fantasy Photo Booth".

There are at least a few more events I want to attend this summer, and I'd like to continue doing these shows to promote my business. It's fun meeting new people & talking to them about their ideas. It's a great feeling to be able to stimulate other people's imaginations. I've had a vision for what I want "Fantasy Photos" to be, and I've been doing my best to make it happen. The customers I've already had are all happy, and that's what's important.

Here are some photos of my booth at the Skimmer Festival:




 Mackie the Stilt Man

 Fantasy Photo Booth

A view of the Sea Isle City boardwalk.

No comments: